Thursday, January 18, 2007

Today is the second day that I haven't gone outside at all. It is rainy and cool but I tackled several days like this in Taipei, in December. So what is different? I think that I am having sympathy cabin-fever based on the snow, sleet, and ice storms swirling through North Texas and Oklahoma. As I catch the "local" (for Dallas anyways) news and they are predicting more problems on the roadways with ice conditions, I mentally run my checklist to see whether or not we have enough food to make it through the day. I suppose that I really need a reality check since there won't be snow and ice here; if only because the temperature is in the high 50's. Maybe I'll restate the temperature to the high teen's in Celsius. There, I don't look like a wimp now. It is genuinely cold, or not. For now, I guess I'll just blame the reluctance to go out on jet lag and the cold I picked up in Las Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home