Thursday, March 08, 2007

Amazon finally finished giving me my refund, $1.99 at a time. Still it seems pretty silly that I can legally purchase music and movies, tv shows etc., from the i-tunes store but not from Amazon. I still have not purchased any illegal dvd's either. If the US was serious about protecting copyright laws then they need to make it easier for people who want to use legal channels to do so. My Toshiba computer, Japanese namebrand, manufactured in China, designed in Taiwan, is broken. but the Toshiba repair people say they cannot work on an American computer. It would void the warranty. Well it is no longer under warranty so now maybe they don't have the parts. The same problem happened with my Averatec computer just before the holidays. Interoperability isn't enough, just as we discovered during the Industrial Revolution, parts need to be interchangeable too.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger A Wiseman's Wife... said...

awww... i'm sad to here that the toshiba isn't treating you well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home