Saturday, May 05, 2007

Today I got yet another reminder of why I love Kathleen so much. When getting down suitcases to pack for a trip I got a surprise when one suitcase weighed more than I expected. I unzipped the case and delicately asked the love of my live "what the xxxx is all this stuff?". She stared into my eyes with a truly bewildered look. Bravely I grabbed the smallest of the paper wrapped bundles and unwrapped it... it was a wooden carved sheep. At that moment the look of bewilderment on Kathleen's face turned to embarrassed joy.

Me I was still bewildered.

Kathleen then yelled out "it is your birthday present I bought it so long ago I forgot!". What a sweetheart she bought me a hand made nativity set I had admired in a store in Tienmu. I am very fond of nativity sets and have started a modest collection. She craftily snuck back to the store where we saw it and hid it from me since January.

What a wonderful birthday.... I had a great time on my birthday and today I had a fresh reminder of why I enjoy my life journey with Kathleen as we both laughed until we cried.

What an adventure.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger A Wiseman's Wife... said...

awww....

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Wisehubby said...

What a beautiful story! I can't wait to see you guys!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not going to lie, when I read that I felt like I was there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home