Friday, July 27, 2007

Bonus Days - a totally unexpected and happy event! I had one just this week and it was wonderful. Between the four college educated people who looked at our daughter and son-in-law's flight itinerary, none noticed that they were to return to Oklahoma on Friday and not Thursday. So Thursday morning we said our good-byes, called a taxi and sent them off to the airport. I was depressed because after almost three months of spending time with my children, the party was over. I worked at cleaning the house and did some laundry. Then the phone rang. Our daughter said, "Guess what ...our flight doesn't leave until tomorrow. They made their way to the airport, an hour's drive away and still no one noticed until they began the check-in process. So back to our house they came. How great! We did some of the things that we had planned but ran out of time to do (so we thought). We revisited the 101 and looked around the shopping center. Mark took off work early and we all hiked around Elephant Mountain. We capped the day by eating Korean BBQ.
If we had planned the day, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. But we savoured it because it was an unexpected gift, a treasure.
Friday morning we tried the going home thing again and it was successful so again I worked at cleaning the house and doing some laundry. But I wasn't as depressed because I had enjoyed our bonus day so much.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I laughed really hard when Sarah told me about that - what a pleasant surprise :)

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Wise Lady said...

well... you live and you learn. it was a pleasant surprise indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home