Friday, September 07, 2007

Well This is Mark, I'm just back from a vist to one of our customers in LongHua China. This is a town about a 2 hour drive from Hong Kong. I'm getting a bit used to the scale of whole cities in China springing up from nothing in a span of years now. For example Shenzhen next to Hong Kong was a town of about 30,000 people 20 years ago before China decided to develop it into a trade zone. now it houses 18 Million people.

I digress, The customer I went to visit is named Hon Hai or english trade name of Foxconn. Again to get an idea of the scale of industry here they have more than a quarter of a million people working at the factory I visited. If you doubt my blog see the article below from the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118677584137994489.html?mod=blog

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger kathleenandmark said...

The scale of these factories blows my mind. - Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home